Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Year, New Mindset


Happy New Year! Today I sent in the registration for the BRR ride. eDBiLLy & I have done this ride twice. The first time, there had been a snowstorm the day before. The drive to Perry (around 160 miles) looked like a semi graveyard: there were trucks off the road everywhere. We only ended up riding about 9 miles, because we were not prepared for the blizzard like conditions (6 degrees with a howling wind, blowing snow everywhere). The second time, Sam went with us. The temperature was in the fifties, & the 23 miles turned into a hammerfest. We stopped in Rippey just long enough for some High Life, but the ride time was barely over an hour, & then it was time to pile back in to the xB & drive for three hours. I hope this year's ride is somewhere in between our previous two. Only time will tell. I'll bring a camera, because downtown Perry turns into a giant beer garden (ala RAGBRAI).

3 comments:

thE_kErnEl said...

I don't get what your new mindset is? Are you going to ride more? Have more fun when you ride? Inquiring minds want to know.

Snakebite said...

Hey! Look what I found!

http://badbensnanobrewery.blogspot.com/

Check it out!

eDLoNNiE said...

KeRNeL-my resolution is to ride more. I would really like to fall in with a group of riders that would force me to get on the bike more.