Monday, July 14, 2008

Tweakin' the Clock


I have a weird job: retail. I work most holidays & lately, both Saturday & Sunday. Yet, yesterday (and today) brought a new challenge: working overnight (from 5 pm to 7:30am). The store is short one managerial position on third shift, so I covered it. Now, the grueling part: changing one's internal clock, so I can go back to working my normal shift (7am-6pm) tomorrow. I slept for two hours, woke up, had a cup of coffee, & went and rode the fixie. I actually feel pretty good right now. The one thing that upset me today was the news that Anheuser Busch is being bought out by InBev. I'm really not sure why this news is so unsettling. I'm not a fan of Budweiser, yet I admire the way the company is run. In my job, I have dealings with the company & they're first class, all the way. eDBiLLy's clan & my lovely wife & I went down to St. Louis & had the opportunity to tour the Anheuser Busch facilities, & were treated like royalty. I just hope the good folks from Anheuser Busch are treated with the respect they deserve for carving out nearly a 50 marketshare in the good ole USA. I'll get off my soapbox.

No comments: