Sunday, November 11, 2007

Saturday

I got up early & made some coffee. My knee is still a little tender, so I decided to ride the Panzer (pictured), instead of the fixie. I purposely went out early, to avoid football traffic & because I love riding when the temperature is in the forties & fifties. Cooler weather requires a little forethought in clothing selection. It took me a while to realize that one of the reasons my toes would get cold when the mercury dropped was due to the fact I racheted my shoes too tight. Another hard earned prize was windblocking layers. I currently use these tights and a Craft windblock short sleeve base layer when the shivers start (usually around 35 degrees). I've been lusting after a pair of Lake winter shoes, but haven't pulled the trigger. Wool jersey, socks, leg warmers & cap are all part of my cycling wardrobe. What cold weather cycling tips do you all have?

No comments: