Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Thoughts

This morning, I'm enjoying my first full day off from work in over two weeks. With the beginning of another year, I've decided on a few resolutions. This is the year that I'm going to ride my way back into shape again. About nine months ago, I accepted a new position at work & started to fall back into some old bad habits (like drinking beer at 8:30 am, while I'm writing this post). Poor food choices & lack of exercise have caused eDLoNNiE to look like a latter day Orson Welles.I've started to ride the Panzer downstairs on the trainer, which, as far as I'm concerned, has to be one of the most boring activities in the world. I've watched bowl games, cycling races on Cycling TV, and yet the best time killer I've found is Jerry Springer. It's totally scripted, but I have to give the writers of this trainwreck of a show their props: everytime you think they've hit rock bottom, they go even lower. I would also like to start posting on this shining example of the de-evolution of the human mind more consistently. I've also been spending time doing some window shopping (and parts bin diving) for a special bike project that I'm doing for a fellow BiLLy, kB. This year is shaping up to be a great one, as long as I keep moving. If you haven't voted for your choice of route length for LBL, please do(right hand side of the blog). It's a three way tie right now, which puts the choice in my hands.